Amazon sent me an unexpected offer today after I made a purchase. About three hours after purchasing some nicotine gum I received an email from Amazon indicating my order qualified for 90 days of free Amazon Music and I was a little surprised.
Amazon has been pitching their Amazon Music Service pretty hard lately and even links to this same offer from their home page so there’s nothing really unique or special connecting this offer to my specific order. It was, however, the first time I’d received this offer despite ordering many (many!) things from Amazon in the past few weeks. Interesting tactic though to get people to sign up. Here’s the email I received, below:
The offer is a pretty strong one, really, although since I have Spotify Premium I don’t really need it. It’s worth noting that monthly fee after the offer expires is actually cheaper than Spotify Premium…but I like Spotify so I won’t be switching. Here’s the details of the offer:
Key Offer Details
- This offer only applies to new subscribers to the music service
- After 90 day period your subscription automatically continues at either 9.99/mo or 7.99/mo
- If you are an Amazon Prime member your subscription will continue at 7.99/mo, non Prime members will be charged 9.99/mo
- Only applies to US based customers
- Cancel at any time
- Read full Terms & Conditions here
Be Safe out There
Like many of us, you are probably struggling to find your new normal. Perhaps you’ve done that and are simply bored. We’ve got your back. Here’s a ton of recent content that revolves around what’s facing us today, including working from home ideas, what to watch, things to read, and how to avoid boredom. Enjoy.